If you haven’t heard about the crazy trend of dip powder nails then you must be living in a cave! Dip powder nails are the latest manicure trend and they are all over the social media. In the world of pretty nails, they are the new thing.
Dip powder manicure is very different from gel and acrylic manicure. This manicure is for every girl who loves to decorate her nails and is always on the lookout for something durable. If you want to know more about this latest fashion trend, keep on reading!
Putting on different nail paints is something that we all have been doing since ages. Just sweep the nails with the colourful liquid and you are done. The dip powder works differently. As the name suggests, it comes in powder form. These colourful pigments are put on the nails with the help of a special brush or you can simply dip your finger in the bottle. Unlike your regular nail paint, dip powder does not chip as it isn’t dried up liquid. Since the grains are very fine, they give you more vibrant colour.
Getting dip powder nails is not rocket science. You can get them done by a professional or do it yourself at home. You need three things for it, which is a base coat, a dip powder of your choice and a sealant. Once you have these, follow these simple steps:
- Clean your nails before starting a fresh manicure. Make sure that your hands are dry.
- Apply the base coat on the nails and before it sets, dip your finger in the dip powder. Shake off the excess powder and repeat the same process twice.
- If you want a deeper colour, you can repeat step 2 as many times as you want.
- Let the manicure dry and then wash your hands with water. Don’t use anything else other than plain water at this stage. By doing this, you will be able to get rid of any excess powder on your nails.
- Once you are done with everything, seal the deal with a sealant and let it dry.